Main sponsor ACEA S.p.A., the public company in Rome responsible for water management, will arrange two interesting and impressive technical visits:
Tuesday, 22nd May: Peschiera aqueduct system, about 90 km far from Rome, one of the largest spring water supply system in the world (by bus, cost: € 35)
Friday, 25th May, after the Conference: below the surface of the city of Rome, The Aqua Virgo has flowed almost continuously since 19BC.
22nd May (2.30 p.m. from Massimo d’ Azeglio)
The Peschiera aqueduct system, managed by ACEA, with its overall capacity of 14’000 litres per second, is one of the largest spring water supply system in the world, providing 85% of the water consumed by Rome. The overall length of the system is 130 km and the flow, due to elevation of its departure point, is entirely by gravity. An amazing tour into the aqueduct system, open only for SMICE2018 delegates.
– Departure time 2.30 p.m. by bus in front of Massimo D’Azeglio Hotel; scheduled return time 7.00 p.m.
– Cost: € 35 (for bus transfer)
– The visit is guaranteed only for 20 people (closed number!); we will consider the first 20 people regularly registered.
25th May (5 p.m. from Massimo d’Azeglio)
The Virgo Aqueduct, built in the first century BC, is the only ancient Roman aqueduct still in use. The aqueduct was constructed underground in volcanic rocks, and reached Agrippa’s thermal baths, where at present the Trevi and Navona square fountains are located, fed by the Aqua Virgo.
At the top of the Spanish Steps of Piazza di Spagna, a 500 years old staircase (called “Chiocciola”, snail shell) leads 70m below to the Virgo Aqueduct. From there we will enter in the Emperor Augustus’s miracle of hydraulic engineering.
– Departure time 5 p.m. by foot in front of Massimo D’Azeglio Hotel
– Free for SMICE2018 delegates only
– The visit will take about 30 minutes and we recommend confortable shoes (slip resistant) due to over 100 steps!!!!!
– The visit is guaranteed for 60 people (closed number!); we will consider the first 60 people regularly registered
© Copyright 2017 Zeroseicongressi srl – P.IVA © 01831731003 – C.F. 07652480588